White Lick Homeowners Association

Latest News

Friday, June 1, 2018

April 2018 Board Minutes


White Lick Homeowners
April 2018 Board Minutes

Board:  Stu Mason, Diana Laybold, Sheila Richardville, George Cokinos

Management: Susan Keene Larry Edwards

The White Lick Board met on April 11, 2018, at the home of George Cokinos.  The March financials were reviewed, and the March minutes were approved as written.

RESIDENT REMARKS:
     Tom Lee talked with the Board concerning the water in his crawl space.  He put in two sump pumps but needed some place to put the water.  He consulted Larry about the drainage problem and wants to discharge his water into the drainage system.  Tom has hired Crawl Space Doctors, and they want to discharge into the street.  Because of the poor drainage in the back, any additional water will flood the area.  Duke Energy owns the land immediately behind him and there is a dirt mound with four electrical lines going through it to the transformer.  He will check with the town before deciding to go through the mound.

BUSINESS:
     The chimneys will begin soon with 212 being the first.  The Board approved replacing Mrs. Piel with Mr. Boswell for a 2018 chimney.
     Stu Mason has gone through the White Lick maintenance responsibility list to make a few corrections and changes:
                  Put list in alphabetical order    
                  Add homeowner responsibilities to this list
                                    Exterior doors                  Fireplace inserts
                                    Garage entry door            Crawl space well
                                    Interior doors

The meeting was adjourned


Next Meeting:  May 9, @ Diana Laybold at 4:30

2018 CHIMNEY LIST (in sequence)                                2019 List

212 Andrews                                                                              242 Andrews
206 Andrews                                                                              235 Andrews
258 Andrews                                                                              233 Andrews
250 Andrews
252 Andrews

March 2018 Board Minutes


White Lick Homeowners
March 2018 Board Minutes

Board:  Stu Mason, Diana Laybold, Sheila Richardville, George Cokinos

Management: Susan Keene Larry Edwards

The White Lick Board met on March 12, 2018, at the home of Stu Mason.   The February financials were reviewed, and the February minutes were approved as written.

RESIDENT REMARKS:
     A homeowner has asked for Board approval to place a storage pod in the driveway for one day.  The Board approved the request.
     Mrs. Chestnut complained that the cracked wood around her window was supposed to be fixed but has not been done.  She also is upset because the leaves from Derry’s tree are blown against herhouse.

BUSINESS:
     Mr. O’Connor attended the meeting to bring up his concerns.  His discussion items are as follows:
  The documents state that the driveways are the homeowner’s responsibility.  The attorney advised the Board that this guideline is very vague.  The Board has approved taking the responsibility for the driveways.
  Larry stated in the Annual Meeting that the drainage repair between the center buildings cost $10,000.  He would like to see the bills for this.
  He again stated his concern about the bidding process.  The Board receives multiple bids for work at White Lick.  These bids are received in sealed envelopes
  Has the Board thought about an audit with a CPA?  The Board conducts it own compilation because an audit would be cost prohibitive.

     The Board approved the sealed bid from Shackelford Masonry for the chimneys in 2018.

The meeting was adjourned


Next Meeting:  April 11, @ George Cokinos at 4:30

2018 CHIMNEY LIST (in sequence)                                2019 List

212 Andrews                                                                              242 Andrews
206 Andrews                                                                              235 Andrews
258 Andrews                                                                              233 Andrews
250 Andrews
240 Andrews

February 2018 Board Minutes


White Lick Homeowners
February 2018 Board Minutes

Board:  Stu Mason, Diana Laybold, Sheila Richardville, George Cokinos

Management: Susan Keene Larry Edwards

The White Lick Board met on February 12, 2018, at the home of Sheila Richardville.   The January financials were reviewed, and the January minutes were approved as written.

RESIDENT REMARKS:
     Sheila Richardville received a letter from a homeowner that detailed Mr. Fedor threatening his neighbor.  This incident is not the first one and this resident is going to take it to the police.  Any action she has with Mr. Fedor will be documented.

BUSINESS:
     Ralph Moore attended the first half of the meeting.  He was concerned about the continuous complaints from his neighbor, Mr. Holokwa, about his leaking gutter.  Larry has tried to seal the area with now success and will now call D & B Guttering to replace a section.  Mrs. Piel has also had the same problem with her gutters over the driveway.
     The letter from the attorney to Mr. Fedor concerning his garage door and junk around his home has been sent and he has been given until March 31 to get these complaints handled.
     Mr. Fedor has made an insurance claim with the Association’s insurance.  The adjustor thinks they may pay his medical bill when it is submitted. 

The meeting was adjourned


Next Meeting:  March 14 @ Stu Mason’s (248) at 4:30

2018 CHIMNEY LIST (in sequence)                                2019 List

212 Andrews                                                                              242 Andrews
206 Andrews                                                                              235 Andrews
258 Andrews                                                                              233 Andrews
250 Andrews
240 Andrews


January 2018 Board Minutes


White Lick Homeowners
January 2018 Board Minutes

Board:  Stu Mason, Diana Laybold, Sheila Richardville

Management: Susan Keene Larry Edwards

The White Lick Board met on January 10, 2018, at the home of Diana Laybold.   The December financials were reviewed.  The Board approved moving $10,000 to the Money Market from the checking account.

ARCHTECTURAL:
     The homeowners at 256 Andrews requested permission to add a step and railing to the porch.  The committee approved this application by phone vote.  The Board concurred.

RESIDENT REMARKS:
     Several homeowners were curious as to why there were no minutes for the Annual Minutes.   When you are participating in the meeting, it can be very hard to keep up.  Notes were available however, nothing was written in minute form.
     Management received 3 phone calls about clearing the sidewalks and steps.  No snow removal beging until there is 3”.
     Neighbors are complaining about Mr. Fedor and the junk he keeps outside his unit.  He also allows his dog to potty in other yards without cleaning up after it.  The attorney sent a certified letter, and Mr. Fedor’s response was not helpful.  Stu will get info from the police concerning Mr. Fedor’s threats to neighbors and workmen.

BUSINESS:
     The Board approved a motion for Management to solicit for bids for masonry on the chimneys.
     The following were appointed as officers for 2018:
     Stu Mason…President
     Diana Laybold…Secretary
     

The meeting was adjourned


Next Meeting:  February 12 @ Sheila Richardville (250) at 4:30

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

May 2017 Board Minutes


White Lick Homeowners
May 2017 Board Minutes

Board:  Diana Laybold, Michael Downs, Sheila Richardson, George Cokinos, Diana Laybold, Derry Shrock

Management: Susan Keene Larry Edwards

Homeowner:  Jim O’Connor

The White Lick Board met on May 10, 2017, at the home of Diana Laybold.

The April 4, 2017 Special Meeting to vote on the proposed rental amendment was reconvened.   The final tally was 63 votes for approval; this met the 75% needed for change.  Stuart Mason and Diana Laybold signed the amendment for recording.  The meeting was adjourned. (Richardville-Laybold)

The April minutes were approved with the following changes:
   The garage sale is June 3, 2017.
   The Board has agreed to reseeding areas with no grass with topsoil, grass seed, and straw. 
The April financials were reviewed and approved.

ARCHITECTURAL:
     The Board feels as if no one is asking the Architectural committee for permission to make changes.  Homeowners are cutting down trees without any authorization.  This item should be well-represented in the newsletter.  The Board is considering guidelines for front porch lights (15”). Guidelines on storm doors are also needed.  Sheila Richardville, Michael Downs, and Diana Laybold will get together to discuss guidelines for any exterior changes.

SOCIAL:
     Diana Laybold ordered the yard sign for the garage sale.  It will be in place from May 31 to June 4.

RESIDENT:
     Mr. O’Connor attended the Board and asked for time to address the Board.  His concerns were with the contractors and PSG.  He first asked if PSG made any financial gains with the contractors.  (NO.)  He also felt that the Board should go out for bids with contractors who do quality work. (Bids are always accepted on large projects.)  Mr. O’Connor made the assumption that the contractors are not licensed and bonded, and the Board does not receive sealed bids.  He had some problem concerning the roofers who should have to reroof because the chimneys are moving and creating gaps.  (The Board has already addressed this problem.)
     Another problem Mr. O’Connor addressed was Larry talking to homeowners.  Larry tells them that we have the materials (i.e. windows), but months go by before anything happens.  Other areas of concern include:
…Roof leaks caused by the furnace pipes…The pipes were not glued and run approximately 35 feet in the garage.  When the pipes make a turn to go out the flue, condensate will form and cause a leak.
…Larry said that Sandoval couldn’t do the snow removal.  Mr O’Connor asked Sandoval about this and was told that he could do it.
…Property line stakes have been moved on the west side of the property.  The board may need to have the line resurveyed. (Duke Energy owns the property to the west.)
BUSINESS:
     The big mowers used by Sandoval are still scraping areas between houses especially next to Sheil Richardville.  The weed eaters are cutting down hostas and other non-weeds.  This mowing doesn’t seem to be getting better.  Perhaps the grass needs to be cut at 3” or higher.
     The new windows are delivered on May 8.  PSG will begin replacement on the east side.  Fogged glass is the responsibility of the homeowner.
     Sheila Richardville asked PSG for a bid to reseed the center east side of the complex.  This should not be a band-aid fix.  Give a price for a load of dirt, labor to level the area, seed and straw cost.

The meeting was adjourned


Next Meeting:  June 14 @ Michael Downs (210)

April 2017 Board Minutes


White Lick Homeowners
April 2017 Board Minutes

Board:  Diana Laybold, Michael Downs, Sheila Richardson, George Cokinos

Management: Susan Keene Larry Edwards

The White Lick Board met on April12, 2017, at the home of George Cokinos.   The March minutes were approved.  The March financials were reviewed.

ARCHITECTURAL:
     In the next newsletter the Architectural guidelines should mention outdoor porch lights.  The Board can pick different styles or keep it at one light type.  It might be easier if homeowners could purchase lights from the office.  The Board recommends lights with a price between $19.98-$49.98.  Lights must be black or oil-rubbed.  No brass!

SOCIAL:
     THE GARAGE SALE IS JUNE 1, 2017 FROM 8:00-3:00

RESIDENT:
     Mr. O’Connor would like to attend the May meeting to discuss several issues.

BUSINESS:
     Management ordered $8,000 worth of windows, mostly for East Drive.
     The rental policy amendment needs two more signatures.  The Board will check with the two homeowners who could not make it to the meeting.
     Lois Ray has asked the Board if they could help with some interior damage from a roof/chimney leak.  She has already spent over $2000 for the first leak that was supposed to have been fixed.  Larry Edwards stated that the leak will probably occur again because the chimney is pulling away from the building creating a gap.  The Board approved taking $5000 from Snow Removal and $3000 from Reserve to add her chimney to the replacement list this year.  Mike Rooney can repair the dry wall after the chimney is completed.  Lois will be responsible for painting.
     Sharon Kennell requested that her back step be fixed.  She said that she saves the Association money by mowing her own grass.  This repair is the homeowner’s responsibility.  The Board voted no. (Downs-Richardville)
     Mr. Sandoval is still using the big mowers to mow between the houses.  The grass is being ripped up every time the mowers turn, and they are leaving big ruts.  The mowers are also going too fast and have knocked at least two air conditioners from their platforms.  Larry will meet with Mr. Sandoval for the next mow.

The meeting was adjourned


Next Meeting:  May 10 @ Diana Laybold (280)

Friday, June 16, 2017

March 2017 Board Minutes


White Lick Homeowners
March 2017 Board Minutes

Board:  Stu Mason, Michael Downs, Sheila Richardson, George Cokinos

Management: Susan Keene Larry Edwards

The White Lick Board met on March 8, 2017, at the home of Sheila Richardville.   The February minutes were approved.  The February financials were reviewed.

BUSINESS:
      All homeowners will receive a mailing to include the special meeting notice, the rental amendment, and a proxy for voting purposes.  The Board will go door-to-door explaining the rental policy and collecting any proxies from homeowners who cannot attend.  Stu Mason presented a list of guidelines to follow so the Board will present a consistent message to the homeowners.  Each board member took a specific section of the neighborhood to canvass.
     The special meeting must have a quorum of at least 43 before a vote can be taken.  The documents call for a 75% yea vote (63) to pass the amendment.

     Larry Edwards is in the process of gathering a list of windows for replacement in 2017.

     With mowing in the near future, Management will talk with Sandoval about procedures the Board expects.  They are very specifically targeting the use of the ZTR’s between buildings (DO NOT USE) and the speed of the mowers.

The meeting was adjourned


Next Meeting:  April12 @ George Cokinos (277 East)